Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's (updated)
(05-22-2018, 10:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Shake put a lot of work into this, but it is meaningless.

In order to come up with an accurate "weighted" system like this one there has to be some logical basis for the weights.  This one is just totally random.  We could all sit down and give different weights and come up with different rankings.

For example.  I don't see how a 9-7 team that wins a weak division (13 points) should be considered almost three time better than an 11-5 wildcard team (5 pts).  I disagree with giving any bonus for winning a division (unless it earns a bye) but no way a 9-7 champion of a weak division should be considered three times as good as an 11-5 wildcard team.

And under this formula a team that earns a first round bye actually gets penalized because they lose the chance to earn an extra 10 point bonus.

This thread has been posted a total of 4 times on 2 different boards and you're always trying to poke holes in it. I have no idea why.  Ninja 

Division winners are rewarded by the NFL itself. They get a home playoff game. So why wouldn't a grading system reward this as well?

And teams that earn a BYE aren't "penalized" so much as teams that have to go further through the playoffs get rewarded. What's more impressive? A 12-4 team that goes on a 4 game tear in the playoffs? Or a 12-4 team that got a BYE and only needed 3 wins?  
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's (updated) - Shake n Blake - 05-22-2018, 12:45 PM