Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's (updated)
(05-22-2018, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't give owners any credit for draft picks.  In fact I give our coaches more credit than other teams because they are more involved in the scouting than coaches on other teams.

Owners (on teams with no GM) get credit for trades and signing free agents.  Mike Brown did nothing but sign and trade for bargain bin players who were not working out under other NFL coaches.

I would give credit to Mike for getting two high picks fro Palmer, except I think Mike is the reason Palmer left in the first place.

Mike Brown is also the GM.

You want to dance around the issue which was your proclamation that Mike was in effect the "worst owner" in the NFL during each and every one of Marvin's 15 seasons here.

If as you say the credit for Draft picks goes to the Coaches then Mike would also get credit for being willing to listen to the Coaches, especially since he is the GM.

Trying to limit Mike's role to just trades and Free Agency as a way to define him as the "worst owner" during all 15 seasons avoids other criteria that must be used when ranking owners on a season by season basis. Jowczarski has confirmed in Posts that while Mike does not spend a lot on Free Agents, he does spend to retain players and during many of Marvin's 15 seasons, Mike as Owner has spent more on player salaries than many other NFL owners did during many Marvin seasons.

Do you still claim that in each of the last 15 Marvin seasons, Mike should be ranked 32nd & "worst owner" in each and every one of those 15 Marvin seasons given the entire sphere of influence NFL Owners have ? 

He couldn't outperform any other owner even once in 15 Marvin seasons ?

If you do, then you are carrying way too much water in your vigorous defense of Marvin's reputation.

Be Fair.

Mike has not been a constant weight around Marvin's neck 15 straight times. Instead, there have been seasons where Marvin has had more to work with than many other NFL Coaches had. Seasons where Mike rose up the Owner ranking Board for that specific season way above a 32nd ranking. Even if he may have mainly did it by listening to advice & being willing to spend to retain players versus using Free Agency.

The Marvin as victim game needs to stop or at least be limited to specific seasons when his owner may have actually hamstrung him.

Not all 15 seasons. No way...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's (updated) - depthchart - 05-22-2018, 02:50 PM