Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA president Oliver North decries 'culture of violence' but worked on 'Call of Duty
(05-22-2018, 04:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So a 5 year old is the same as a 17 year old?

...sigh...

No. Is 17 still a kid?

Did a 5 year old shoot up a school? No.

Are they serving herring where you work?

(05-22-2018, 04:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Did he specifically say video games? In your OP, he didn't.  So, then you are re-defining what North meant when he said 'violent culture'. This, from the same human (don't want to assume your gender) who is routinely critical of those who try to defend Trump when they try to explain what he meant to say.
Be critical of his argument all you want. As others have said, it's already been proven wrong, but there's no reason to try to paint his argument as ironic when it's not.

The title of the OP doesn't say he "blamed video games".

He did not specifically say video games. He blamed a "culture of violence". Video games like the one he promoted are part of the culture. Especially as the NRA (which he is the new president of) has blamed them in the past. And the article points out that without saying he said them.

I suppose him not including video games this time make him more of a hypocrite as his own organization does include them when there is a shooting. Not when they are trying to promote themselves.

I can't make it clearer, and frankly I don't know why I tried again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NRA president Oliver North decries 'culture of violence' but worked on 'Call of Duty - GMDino - 05-22-2018, 04:40 PM