Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Constitutional Crisis is Here!
(05-22-2018, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty much all of it.  It is written from a completely one sided point of view.  Never mind that many Americans feel like the entire Special Counsel's Investigation is a farce, based upon plots and lies by jaded intelligence departments.

Stories like this, are completely why affiliates like Fox News and other Conservative media outlets ever came to be.  I'm not saying that both the traditional and Conservative based outlets aren't guilty of bias.  I'm just pointing out that as a Profession, Journalism is supposed to be Party neutral and unbiased.

Even though it is an opinion piece, for the primary news agency in our Nation's Capitol to print this clearly shows just how biased they really are. 

I think opinion pieces are not journalism and can be one sided. Also, what "many Americans feel" about the investigation really doesn't matter.

I also think journalism doesn't have to be neutral at all costs. If someone in politics behaves problematic, a journalist can say that, as long as he's factual and not making up stuff. He doesn't have to keep quiet or tamper his tone or use equal time to point to the other side as to not appear biased.

And lastly, I can not avoid to point out how the opinion pieces of Sean Hannity et al. are way worse and way more biased than this was. Also, way more partisan. I don't know the author of the piece you quoted, but to me he doesn't have to be a democrat at all and still could have those concerns.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Constitutional Crisis is Here! - hollodero - 05-22-2018, 06:58 PM