Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Constitutional Crisis is Here!
(05-22-2018, 06:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least Eugene Robinson thinks so. This story reads like a SNL cold opening. I really can't believe that WaPo actually publishes this drivel. At least MSN has the decency to add an editor's note to disclaim it as opinion.

Well, Washington Post has the same sort of note, because it's in the opinion section...

(05-22-2018, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty much all of it.  It is written from a completely one sided point of view.  Never mind that many Americans feel like the entire Special Counsel's Investigation is a farce, based upon plots and lies by jaded intelligence departments.

Stories like this, are completely why affiliates like Fox News and other Conservative media outlets ever came to be.  I'm not saying that both the traditional and Conservative based outlets aren't guilty of bias.  I'm just pointing out that as a Profession, Journalism is supposed to be Party neutral and unbiased.

Even though it is an opinion piece, for the primary news agency in our Nation's Capitol to print this clearly shows just how biased they really are. 

Opinion pieces aren't news, they are opinion. Unless styled as being from the editorial board, they are the views of an individual. Every newspaper has this section, and the major newspapers usually provide column inches for people of different viewpoints. WaPo and NYT both do this. But bias is going to occur in opinion sections because opinions are just expressions of one's point of view, which is what people tend to call bias.

The actual news parts of these publications, though, are not opinion pieces. People mixing these things up is the reason we are in the situation we are in. People are not informed consumers of the news and far too often mistake news for opinion and opinion for news.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Constitutional Crisis is Here! - Belsnickel - 05-22-2018, 08:56 PM