Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-23-2018, 03:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The actual point appears to be lost on some, political protest at a place of business is going to almost always be unwelcome.  If you're in the entertainment business then this is even more unwelcome.  A person's perception is that person's reality, it doesn't matter why Kaepernick and others are kneeling if a person observing their kneeling interprets it as disrespect to our nation.  It doesn't matter why the NFL is allowing it if the person observing it perceives it as disrespecting the nation.  To put it simply, politicizing your business is a piss poor business decision.  Allowing your employees to politicize your business is a piss poor business decision.  I'm not allowed to protest at work, send a personal e-mail from my work e-mail or represent my department in any way during my private life.  This is one of the reasons I have never disclosed what agency I am employed by, as my viewpoints are my own and should not be associated with them in any way.

The NFL made the right call, they just did it a year too late.  If Goodell where anything other than a sock puppet he would have squashed this the first time it happened for the above reasons.  The NFL is a business, it's as simple as that.

I agree that it is a good idea to keep politics out of the business, but it is hard to do without picking sides.  And there were a lot of people on both sides of this issue.

You need the rule in place before the protest starts because if you wait and react to a protest then you are seen as silencing a call for justice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - fredtoast - 05-23-2018, 03:55 PM