Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-24-2018, 08:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're taking it to an extreme though. Sporting events are broadcast live to an audience of millions. So I get why the Anthem is played. Plus sports are something that unites us. A time where we forget our differences and cheer together. Sound familiar? The Anthem and sporting events just go together like a burger with fries.

I'm not trying to attack you at all, Millz, but you seem irritated by the Anthem itself (if I'm wrong, apologies). It's not like it's crammed down our throats everywhere, all the time. If not for sporting events, I'd never hear it. So why get mad? Use it as a time to appreciate and be thankful for what we have. Who cares if it's "forced Patriotism"? Is being proud of what and who we are a bad thing? 

I think a big problem in this country right now is people overthink shit. Patriotism is good. Other countries are proud of themselves as well. Should I be disgusted to be an American? I don't think so. I think we have a lot to be proud of and thankful for. I also don't think it's too much to ask for people to stand in silence for 2 minutes before sporting events and think about that. 

Be thankful for your brothers, be thankful for your family, freedoms and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Instead we're worrying about who paid to have the Anthem played? Or if it's silly to play at a football game? Smh...

Im not irritated at all by the anthem, as a matter of fact I love it and all renditions, even Leslie Nielsons in Naked Gun. I also love the flag, and our country, even what it has become since WW2 ended. And because of that love for the anthem is why I am saying what I am saying. Hearing it just a handful of times throughout the year would give it more meaning during holidays like this upcoming weekend, 4th of July, Veterans Day, etc., and also during other times like war or after events like 911 for example. Also could be sung at championship games like Super Bowl or World Series. It's like hearing a favorite Christmas tune year round, but then come Christmas Eve night it has ran its course, so to speak.

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - Millhouse - 05-24-2018, 10:01 PM