Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's been 461 days since Trump held a press conference?
(05-24-2018, 08:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think it's a personality thing rather than a technology thing. It's like how Trump still holds these campaign rallies, something that has been in politics for a very long time, whereas previous Presidents didn't.

He prefers outlets where it is just him saying whatever is on his mind without any immediate criticism or questioning of it, whether it is twitter, a rally, or a letter to the editor "written" by him "his secretary".

Most likely, but it'll still bear watching in the future. It's been done now, so a precedent has been set. Not to mention that in previous elections there wasn't quite any social media geared towards throwing your opinion out to quite so many people. When Obama first won, Twitter was less than 2 years old and nothing like it is today as far as scale goes.

Maybe when TV news started becoming more prominent, people were like "it's been 500 days since so-and-so wrote an open letter in the New York Post" or something, as they chose to get their message out in video and audio form instead.

I am sure the first President to decide to do the State of the Union address on TV (Lyndon B Johnson in 1965 according to my Googling) had people wondering the same thing.

Not saying that a move to Social Media is a change for the good, just saying it'll be intriguing to see if it is something the future Presidents also use, and how they will use it. Keep in mind the Clinton campaign also used social media a decent amount, just more officially than personally. So it's likely something that can't be fully neglected anymore.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's been 461 days since Trump held a press conference? - TheLeonardLeap - 05-24-2018, 10:42 PM