Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-24-2018, 10:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Im not irritated at all by the anthem, as a matter of fact I love it and all renditions, even Leslie Nielsons in Naked Gun. I also love the flag, and our country, even what it has become since WW2 ended. And because of that love for the anthem is why I am saying what I am saying. Hearing it just a handful of times throughout the year would give it more meaning during holidays like this upcoming weekend, 4th of July, Veterans Day, etc., and also during other times like war or after events like 911 for example. Also could be sung at championship games like Super Bowl or World Series. It's like hearing a favorite Christmas tune year round, but then come Christmas Eve night it has ran its course, so to speak.

So you think it loses some of it's emotional impact when it's played before regular season games? I suppose I could see that...but if you're watching on TV, do they always show the Anthem? Seems to me that they often didn't show it on TV and that kinda picked up when this controversy started...only so they could highlight who was kneeling. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - Shake n Blake - 05-24-2018, 11:05 PM