Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-25-2018, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It failed because no one wants to hear anyone who disagrees with them.  Doesn't matter how much money they make.

I do, all the time.  I enjoy a well reasoned counter argument.  I enjoy when someone presents a topic or debates and issue to the point that my opinion on that issue is shifted.

Quote:Rich people don't think their opinion counts any more than the average Joe.  They just know they have a method of reaching more people with their message.  If the average Joe who serves you coffee made apolitical comment that you disagreed with you would be just as upset.

This is completely false.  Rich people absolutely believe their opinion counts for more, because it absolutely does.  DO you think your opinion or mine matters as much as the Koch brothers or Soros?

Quote:All this hatred aimed at "rich and famous" people is just jealousy.

Some of it is, to be sure.  Some of it is due to the sanctimony in which these opinions are conveyed.  Some of it is the arrogance that they know better than "average Joe" because they're on TV.  To say all of the "hatred" is due to sheer jealousy is both wrong and childishly simplistic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-25-2018, 01:52 PM