Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does one say "happy memorial day"...?
(05-29-2018, 05:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: If so, happy belated memorial day from strangerland. Belated because I didn't want to put that elsewhere than here yesterday.

Also, while for sure not always agreeing with US politics and military interventions, the guys actually going to the most dangerous places for love of not just their country, but also western values, deserve the utmost respect. Also from non US citizens. The willingness to defend those values and possibly give one's life for it is quite a crucial trait - that it doesn't always work out in the bigger scheme of things is not on the soldiers in the field. They are heroes (black sheep disregarded) in my book and this irrelevant mortal appreciates it.

Also, thanks to everyone's father, grandfather or other relative that helped freeing Europe.

Geeze I never thought about it.  I don't think I say Happy Memorial Day. Doesn't seem appropriate, but I could see people saying it just trying to be friendly.  I know I don't say happy Labor Day or Veterans Day so probably not.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does one say "happy memorial day"...? - michaelsean - 05-29-2018, 09:32 AM