Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Five Ways To Improve The NFL
(05-29-2018, 10:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I saw this list of five ways to improve the NFL, and they're at least interesting:

I've thought about that one, too, but then the problem comes in for the teams that play in a tougher division, like us, that might get in with a 9-7 record, and have the second place team be 9-7, but be better than a team that wins their weak division and has a 13-3 record.  We'd be punished for playing a tougher schedule.  It uses the NCAA tournament as an example, but that's done with the eye test, so, unless we want to have a group of people deciding playoff seeding, I don't think that that one works too well.

That could be interesting, but would the final three weeks just be teams beating the hell out of each other so much that it makes for weaker postseason games?  

That one does seem smart since they're pushing for safety in the NFL.  What no one ever talks about, though, is that players get extra days to rest following the game.  I guess they get enough rest as-is, but this does seem like a logical move.

Once again, they're pushing for safety, and think about how much more money it would make for the owners and the league?  It almost seems stupid NOT to do it.  I wonder if they think that they should add a game at the start or the end of the season?

That's another interesting one, and I agree that it would help some players, but is it really fair?  I guess they're not saying do it for the stars, and maybe only do it in the second half of the season, but I like the idea of finally making players earn what they're being paid for.  The only problem comes in when players start refusing to go to shitty teams, but I guess those teams could give the players higher base salaries, plus a player is always playing as an audition for his next job.

Do you like any of those ideas?

I think all seasons should open and close against the 3 Division opponents.

As to the last two points, giving an extra bye week and extending the season means renegotiating tv contracts, etc. Huge headaches for those involved. Not against it, but it would take a lot of work.

Paying extra bonus for season games? That's complete BS. Players are already paid salaries to perform throughout the season. If they are not motivated to win, no amount of money will change that. Besides, look how the Bengals closed out last season after they were eliminated from contention.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Five Ways To Improve The NFL - BFritz21 - 05-29-2018, 10:10 AM
RE: Five Ways To Improve The NFL - Sled21 - 05-29-2018, 10:42 AM
RE: Five Ways To Improve The NFL - Sled21 - 05-29-2018, 02:13 PM
RE: Five Ways To Improve The NFL - Gohards - 05-29-2018, 03:23 PM
RE: Five Ways To Improve The NFL - Sled21 - 05-29-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Five Ways To Improve The NFL - Sled21 - 05-29-2018, 03:25 PM
RE: Five Ways To Improve The NFL - Sled21 - 05-30-2018, 02:01 PM
RE: Five Ways To Improve The NFL - J24 - 05-30-2018, 01:40 PM