Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-30-2018, 10:28 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think this is one of the things that bugs me with this whole situation. We can find examples of both sides siding with or against people who have been told to "just do their jobs." It's very partisan in the way this all goes and how people view the specific instance. Of course, there is some variability. Ms. Davis, for instance, was refusing to do her job. Protesting during the National Anthem doesn't impact job performance. Though being a conspiracy theory pushing asshole doesn't affect Roseanne's job in her acting, either.

In both cases we have a company that felt that the events were damaging their image and so took corrective action, which is their right and I have no problem with. I just wish we could either all agree that companies have a right to manage these sorts of things or that they should let it go and we let the consumers decide. The left and the right want to have it both ways depending on who is being punished for speaking out and that's dishonest.

I agree.

But I would add the church and state aspect of the Kim Davis episode does make it even more different.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - Bengalzona - 05-30-2018, 10:51 AM