Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the knock on Preston Brown?
(05-30-2018, 08:42 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Two down thumper who is not a great coverage guy.  That said, an upgrade over Minter, Maualuga, etc.  The issue at LB this year will be the annual Vontaze vacation and getting production from Vigil’s spot.

I keep hearing that, but if he only played 2 downs, how did he lead the NFL in tackles? 

Usually those guys are types that stay on the field.

--------

To the OP, the Bills didn't really dump him. They wanted him back and made an offer. Just didn't have the cap space to make the offer Minter wanted.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/03/source_buffalo_bills_losing_lb_preston_brown_to_cincinnati_bengals.html

Quote:Despite an offer to return to the Buffalo Bills, Brown is heading where he feels wanted and signing with the Cincinnati Bengals, a source told NYUP's Ryan Talbot.

Bills general manager Brandon Beane made it clear on Friday that the team was low on funds. While they may have wanted Brown back, the offer likely wasn't competitive enough given the Bills' salary cap situation. 

We've always had a bad habit on the boards of thinking that any available player must have a serious flaw or reason his team didn't want him. Sometimes teams just don't have the funds to keep every player. Think about when we lost Housh, Justin Smith, Joseph, Michael Johnson, Zeitler, etc.

Those were all good players, right? Well the same thing happens to other teams. I'm not saying Brown is going to be Ray Lewis, but I also doubt we just signed some scrub that somehow led the league in tackles.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the knock on Preston Brown? - Shake n Blake - 05-30-2018, 01:36 PM