Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump cannot block critical Twitter users, court rules
(05-31-2018, 05:53 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This makes a lot of sense.

Crazy as it is.  The obvious solution is to be able to block people from responding (which maybe should be everyone, so as not to discriminate).  But there is that element where people shouldn't be able to troll the POTUS.

Maybe I'm a bit lost....but it seems obvious that official tweets would have no responses or retweets, and "personal" tweets would be like any other account.

I could sincerely make legal arguments in either direction. I think another component to it is that blocking someone on Twitter means they are unable to see your tweets. So it isn't just being able to speak to the position, but it also removes access.

I am sure it could be done, I just wonder how feasible it would be (and how the courts would feel about it) to create a class of "verified" accounts that are government, where the reply capability is turned off. The ability to retweet would need to remain, for information to spread. I'm on the fence with regards to tagging/mentions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump cannot block critical Twitter users, court rules - Belsnickel - 05-31-2018, 08:38 AM