Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your biggest issue with the Trump administration
(05-31-2018, 05:46 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Way too on the nose.

Trump is a classic 90's / early 00's Democrat.  BUT I think he's really just a dumbass.  Populism and protectionism is totally a 90/00's democratic platform.

Which is why I just laugh so much over all this.  Repubs elected a guy they hate, and Dems bash a guy they love.  And that's because the useful idiots have taken over American politics.

The problem with this, the assertion of the Dems loving the guy, is that there is a movement on the left away from the neoliberalism of the recent Democratic party. We are seeing a resurgence of social liberalism among Millennial Democrats, which is a return to the FDR ways of the party. I'll grant you that many of the party leadership isn't in the same boat, but when you attach the neoliberalist tendencies to the incompetence and prejudiced fear mongering, it is a perfect storm of things for Millennials, which are about to be if not already the largest voting bloc and majority liberal, to dislike.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your biggest issue with the Trump administration - Belsnickel - 05-31-2018, 10:28 AM