Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the knock on Preston Brown?
(06-01-2018, 01:08 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: That isn't true.  There are plenty of 4-3 non edge rush LB that go in the first round. Linebackers are extremely important regardless of scheme since  TE is the new coveted position on offense. 

Fred has a point here.  I don't have the numbers of first round/high first round picks by position in front of me, but I do know that having an inadequate pass rush is the worst possible deficiency for a defense to have in the modern NFL.  You could have a team with the best secondary and cover lbs in the league, but without a passable pass rush they'd get toasted.  The best 3-4 lbs in the game have more of an impact than the best 3-4 ILBs or 4-3 LBs do - just compare their salaries.  

I agree that the "TE Killer" position is getting more and more popular.  The Steelers may have spent their first round pick on a guy with hopes of getting that sort of player(check out some of his high points on his highlight reel).  Malik Jefferson projects as a possible TE killer. 

As to OP's question: hardcore Bills fans say that Brown is good, dependable, but hasn't displayed outstanding pass coverage skills in their zone heavy defense. That could be a bi-product of their defensive scheme and philosophy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the knock on Preston Brown? - Bilbo Saggins - 06-01-2018, 03:33 AM