Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the knock on Preston Brown?
(06-01-2018, 12:20 AM)Joelist Wrote: I went and checked Bills sports media to get a feel of what they thought of Brown. Basically they valued him as a player who may not make the splash plays but who has excellent smarts and diagnostic skills, plays every snap and gives you solid play all the time. He wore the radio helmet in Buffalo for a good reason and was relied on both to set the defense and sniff out the play. Which is the type of player we have BADLY needed but lacked for a while now.

Actually sounds a bit like someone else some fans did not understand the value of and of course the dumb "stats" sites miss out on but who was crucial .....Dhani Jones.

And he is in his prime, only 25 years old. Younger than Dhani was when we brought him in i believe.

(06-01-2018, 01:49 AM)Joelist Wrote: I know Burflict has usually worn the radio and such, but to be honest we have still had consistent issues in getting skunked on misdirection. Burflict may be smarter than the rest as it is true that when he is out the LBs look lost. Vigil especially has looked lost a lot and so has Vinnie Rey. Brown gives us another "QB" type LB. 

That is what makes me think Vigil is not the answer at SAM, Burfict made it easier for him and he still played
very poorly there. I am thinking Malik Jefferson or Jordan Evans take the SAM position away from him.

Have to be able to shed blocks, tackle and cover at SAM. Vigil really needs to work on shedding blocks and
especially tackling. Not terrible in coverage but still, he is more of a WILL from what i have seen.

(06-01-2018, 09:45 AM)dr1441 Wrote: I don't want to sound like I have common sense or anything, but................isn't it better to have another guy on the team that plays with smarts at a position that it is critical at? 

Oh take it a step further you say? Burfict has played in 71 out of a total 99 games he could have played in. I know when I watched a few of those that he was missing, I was sure thinking to myself......"I wish we had someone at linebacker that didn't overrun every play or was out of position all the time." 

Call me crazy though. 

Yes, we needed another smart, solid, great tackling Linebacker out there. Preston Brown fits this role to a T.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the knock on Preston Brown? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-01-2018, 12:43 PM