Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(06-01-2018, 01:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I put it in the jokes thread, because it's an exaggeration.  However, the basic point has some merit.  The volcano is going to naturally emit so much CO2 into the atmosphere, in a short period of time, making human efforts to control CO2 emission look weak and meager in comparison.

That's just not true. In average, volcanic CO2 emissions per year amount to roughly one percent of anthropogenic emissions. Around 1%, that's it, not more. So the anthropogenic emissions make the volcanic ones look weak and meager, not the other way round, and that's not an opinion. [It's 0.2 billion tons from volcanoes compared to 24 billion tons from anthropogenic sources - the numbers vary a bit per year, but the overall picture stays the same]

Also, volcanoes were around forever, so these emissions are part of the natural balance, while human emissions are not.

Sorry for spoiling that, I really am, it's just that I'm quite sensitive about climate change inaccuracies designed to make climate scientists (and "liberals") look ridiculous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - hollodero - 06-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM