Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-01-2018, 10:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the thing.  The lady in question didn't organize any sort of protest, she simply declined an invitation.  

How does declining to participate = staging a protest??

That's fair.
I guess I chose that word because she did make her reasons public, so there's some form of willingness to bring that topic to attention. Which is somewhat in a grey area tending towards protest. She could have kept her reasons to herself.

But sure, not quite the Kaep kind of protest, bad choice of words. I still find it's a strange decision.

(06-01-2018, 10:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Acceptance /=/ must embrace whole heartedly

I don't know if wearing the jerseys of your teammates in a soccer game is akin to a whole-hearted embrace of the things printed on it. It's a soccer jersey. And in a career, you were quite a lot of those with all kinds of topics on them. Usually you don't exactly embrace those.

Other things aside, this seems to me a bit like saying I can't play for a team that is sponsored by Burger King because I'm a vegetarian.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions - hollodero - 06-01-2018, 10:34 PM