Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the knock on Preston Brown?
(06-02-2018, 06:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Brown is young and coming off a very productive season. None of those other LBs could make both those claims. I'm not thinking he's Ray Lewis, but I do think he's got a very good chance of being the best LB we've ever signed in free agency. 

Definately think you could be correct on Preston.

(06-03-2018, 08:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on, Nate....and last year's drafting of Willis and Lawson, untraditional-sized DEs given Marv's history.  Even Paulie G said something to the effect of "I don't care what they look like as long as they can get to the QB".  Chris Smith isn't a prototypical DE size and he had a decent season as a trade.  

If the buzz around Austin is true and our DBs begin to contest more short routes and play tighter coverage, we might have something on defense.  

All that being said, I still think we will see the greatest improvement on the offensive side of the ball.  The aforementioned Center, the trade that turned our first round pick in to Cordy Glenn and we still got Billy Price (not surprised, but the talking heads out there really didn't give the Bengals much credit for that).  The improvement we saw in the running game last year when the blocking scheme was (FINALLY) addressed, and Paul Alexander gets sent packing.  

I think a lot of the blame for Dalton's less-than-stellar 2017 fell on the lack of production by the WRs, but the offensive line not only allowed opposing defenses to defend a very small portion of the field they also had virtually no rushing attack until late in the season.  Westerman and Redmond showed they deserve a chance at RG, and with Boling back at LG, Glenn at LT, Price at C, the only real concern is RT.  Fisher supposedly looks (and feels) good, and he has Ced and Bobby Hart pushing him as competition.  

A small part of me wonders if Westerman could play RT and Redmond get the nod at RG.  Either way, it is a huge upgrade over a year ago and it has me very excited.  

Same here man, really excited about both sides of the ball especially the Offense once the new coaches and O-line start to gel.

Price is a leader, you can see it in the way he talks. He will be our Captain, something i don't remember us ever having at C.

(06-03-2018, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If Nelson thrived under the system Marvin used how did Marvin make a mistake?

It is a mistake saying there is no difference between Free Safety and Strong. There is a clear difference.

One Safety is suited for one like Shawn or Iloka who are clear Strong's and one Safety is suited for another with Reggie or
Bates for Free. Pretty simple, don't act like every Safety can play both, it is just not true.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the knock on Preston Brown? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-05-2018, 04:59 PM