Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin emphasizing turnovers and going after incomplete passes
(06-02-2018, 05:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: These kinda things are what we've been lacking for so many years. I think we were close to putting a SB team together. Zimmer was a fantastic DC. He was a disciplinarian. He didnt give two rats ass what your pay was, you either play or you don't. The players respected him, and I feel this defense is respecting Austin. We are going to have a top 5 D again. They have the talent, they need the mentality and that's what Austin is bringing. Yeah Baby!

(06-05-2018, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah Harley, that is what i am talkin' about. Cool

You are correct on talent, we have that on Defense. Atkins, Burfict, Dunlap, Lawson, Will Jax are all extremely talented.

Also have very high hopes for Billings, Hubbard, Jefferson, Bates, Willis, Dennard, Phillips and Glasgow.

I really like how Austin is talking about stopping the run first as well.

We do this then we can pin our ears back and go after the QB. We brought in that ballhawk in Bates to replace Reggie.

Looking for a lot of Interceptions this year and when the ball is on the ground go get it.

There was a recent video of one of the football talking heads giving much respect to the personnel and coaching changes by the Bengals this offseason.  I can't remember the exact phrase that he used, but it was something along the lines of "The entire building is rejuvenated".  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin emphasizing turnovers and going after incomplete passes - SunsetBengal - 06-05-2018, 06:32 PM