Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker
(06-05-2018, 05:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The way I'm reading it, it cannot be a definitive broad based ruling, as every case needs to be looked at on it's individual merits.  As in, does one person's rights end where another person's rights begin.  Because due to the nature of human beings, there will always be instances where say someone refuses to make a cake simply because they don't like gay people, rather than being truly adhering to their deeply rooted religious beliefs.  
After taking time to think about this a bit further, I have a better understanding of the "narrow" scope of the decision, and I see it's importance.  The baker was treated unfairly with hostility by his State court, and SCOTUS is telling States that they must consider both sides on a case.  

It could be given the right case. We make the same judgement call with racial and sex based discrimination. The line has to be drawn and states can draw it.

But, like you said, this was not the case to draw that line given the unfair treatment by Colorado preventing them from even getting to the issue of could the state limit him.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker - BmorePat87 - 06-05-2018, 07:11 PM