Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker
(06-06-2018, 08:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think it's pretty simple. Opposition to gay marriage is based on the fact that they're a gay and not straight.

I'm not discriminating against women, I just only believe that men should play football. 

What? No it sn't. 

Opposition to gay marriage (in this particular case) is based on the religious belief that gay marriage is wrong, not because gay people are gay. The religious belief is the source from which the opposition comes from in the first place.

(06-06-2018, 08:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think your argument has validity issues when we dig into it. If someone provides a service like baking cakes for weddings, then we must start there. What is the difference between a "traditional" wedding and a "gay" wedding. The difference is that we are looking at a same-sex couple. It is easy to say on the surface level that the service was not provided because of a disagreement over same-sex marriage, but that still boils down to the difference of the couple being gay rather than straight. You're stopping at the lowest common denominator, but when a lot of people look at these issues they are looking deeper.

But again,

Refusing someone service because they're gay and because you don't want to partake in their crlebration because you think it's wrong are two different things.

One suggests that he would not serve gay people at all regardless of whether or not it's for a wedding, it's just because he doesnt like gay people.

The other suggests he will serve gay people, just not a gay wedding.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker - Matt_Crimson - 06-06-2018, 12:15 PM