Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker
(06-06-2018, 12:15 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: What? No it sn't. 

Opposition to gay marriage (in this particular case) is based on the religious belief that gay marriage is wrong, not because gay people are gay. The religious belief is the source from which the opposition comes from in the first place.

But again,

Refusing someone service because they're gay and because you don't want to partake in their crlebration because you think it's wrong are two different things.

One suggests that he would not serve gay people at all regardless of whether or not it's for a wedding, it's just because he doesnt like gay people.

The other suggests he will serve gay people, just not a gay wedding.

Like I said, I do not oppose women, I just do not support them playing football. It's my belief that women playing sports is wrong, not because women are women. I just believe it because my faith tells me that women engaging in something that does not involve me, does not hurt anyone, and involves only those who choose to participate is immoral and a sin. It's just as bad as killing someone because a sin is a sin.

I still support women cooking and cleaning or even voting, I just won't sell any sports equipment to women because I do not support women playing sports. I won't sell them a baseball mitt but I'll still sell them an oven mitt.

See at the root of all of it, I am discriminating against women for being women, not just them playing sports. It's the fact that they as women are playing the sport. T

The opposition to gay marriage is that the people involved in the marriage are gay. It doesn't matter if your prejudice against gay people is only limited to them marrying, you still have a prejudice based on their sexual orientation. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker - BmorePat87 - 06-06-2018, 12:43 PM