Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House
(06-06-2018, 03:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Thing is though it was dying down, until  Trump called kneelers "son of bitches" at some rally down in Alabama early on in the season. Then kaboom. But that is classic Trump. Rather than try to work through an issue like this with others, he doubled-down on his stance in an absolute way.

As Obi-Wan once said, "Only a Sith deals in absolutes".

I think I'm fairly in tune with politics in my lifetime, but this is the first time I can recall when the president has actually stated that protesters should leave the country.  That sort of statement is what leads me to believe that there is no meeting Trump halfway on this one.  He's admitted that he says stuff he doesn't believe in order to get a reaction out of people, or to further his cause, but it's clear he's not going to show any amount of leniency on this one.

The NFL needs to order its players to leave the locker room and stand for the anthem or else fire them on the spot.  Until the NFL does this, Trump will gleefully point out what veteran-hating bastards they all are and then he will honor our great heroes of the military by fumbling his way through the anthem himself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Nately120 - 06-06-2018, 03:30 PM