Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your biggest issue with the Trump administration
(05-31-2018, 11:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, I'd say there's a big difference between supposedly legit news sources such as CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo and Huffington Post, and your average smut rag in the checkout aisle. My Mom used to buy those magazines for a good laugh, but most of the general public realizes it's not a real news source. I don't think the same can be said of the actual news sources I mentioned. A lot of folks believe those sources, when they're every bit as twisted as Faux News.

I believe the media and news organizations are corrupt overall anymore as they are not pure and unadulterated news. The media is supposed to be the "4th branch" of the government keeping the other 3 branches in check so to speak. But when they are compromised by higher powers to be that own them, then that in effect compromises democracy.

Anyways..

MSNBC falls under Comcast umbrella, the 1st largest. (GE used to own NBC from the mid 80s to 2009)
ESPN & ABC News falls under Disney, the 2nd largest.
CNN is owned by Time Warner, 3rd largest entertainment company in revenue.
FOX News is owned Fox entertainment group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox, the 4th largest.

According to this article from 2012, 90% of what we read, watch, listen to comes from 6 companies. In 1983, that same 90% was 50 companies.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your biggest issue with the Trump administration - Millhouse - 06-06-2018, 04:07 PM