Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker
(06-06-2018, 07:31 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote:  The baker responds, "No, it's not because you're gay, it's because I don't believe gay marriage is something God agrees with, therefore I don't agree with it and as a result will not bake you a cake to celebrate something I don't agree with". The gay man then says, "No, you are refusing to bake me a cake because I'm gay." The baker then says, "No I'm not. If you asked me to bake a cake for your birthday, I would, because I don't see anything wrong with a gay man celebrating his birthday".

The gay man then says, "But if a straight person was having a straight wedding you would bake them a cake". The baker responds, "Yeah, I would bake them a cake, but not because they're straight. I would bake them a cake because I see nothing wrong with straight people getting married". The gay man then responds "So why is there nothing wrong with straight people getting married?". The baker then responds, "Because I don't believe God sees anything wrong with it therefore I don't see anything wrong with it and therefore will bake them a cake".

The baker then says, "Now if a straight person asked me to bake a cake for their gay friends wedding I wouldn't. Not because their friend is gay, but because I don't believe gay people should get married. Not because gay people are gay, but because I believe God says it's wrong for gay people to get married."

If this baker's life premise is that he does what God wants, then he needs to go back to Sunday school. The Bible is the Word of God for most Christian bakers.  And I am pretty sure the Bible doesn't say anything at all about gay marriage. 

However, the God in the Bible does say it is wrong just to BE gay.

Leviticus 20: 13-15 If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

I.e., God doesn't give a darn whether gays get married or not. He wants them dead because they are gay.  The baker is not following the word of god by suffering gays to live, but just disapproving of their marriage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker - Dill - 06-06-2018, 08:53 PM