Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your biggest issue with the Trump administration
(06-06-2018, 04:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree, but these "news" stations are just giving their consumers what they want.  It's simple business.  If/when people prefer to hear the truth rather than a bunch of sensationalistic crap that reinforces their beliefs that they are smart/right/awesome/the only true americans left, then real news will start to make a comeback.

I would say the problem is that certain news audiences don't see a difference between "truth" and sensationalist crap that reinforces their beliefs.  They don't say "I know Obama wasn't born in Kenya but I still believe he was because I prefer sensationalist crap." Those who choose sensationalist crap think they ARE choosing "the truth."  When their preferred sources/standards are continually revealed as untrustworthy, their next step is to claim all news is Fake. That keeps the playing field even for them.

But "Real news," if by that you mean accurate reporting based on high journalistic standards, has not gone away at all. It is just a smaller portion of the news offering than it used to be.  We ought to be affirming that and not claiming ALL news sources are now somehow all equally corrupt and biased fake.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your biggest issue with the Trump administration - Dill - 06-06-2018, 09:39 PM