Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop
(09-04-2015, 02:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just like you can believe that abortion is terrible, but that it's a woman's choice. You can be against an act and still believe the act should be legal.

I don't think he was saying he was against dicrimination. He replied to this:

(09-04-2015, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Personally I oppose discrimination.  I believe in treating people equally.  I believe in treating other people with respect and dignity.  But I also have a heart and morals.  

With this:

(09-04-2015, 12:15 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I believe in those same things, except I also believe in freedom. 

And to me with this:

(09-04-2015, 01:06 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: So in your mind, a woman can choose abortion because it's her body and therefore her choice.

A business owner choosing who to not sell a freaking hamburger to somebody for what reason exactly?

He says he believes in treating everyone equally but also freedom...to discriminate?

To use the abortion analogy I'd have to say I believe in a woman's right to an abortion but also in the freedom to stop her from getting one legally.

The thing that gets me when these conversation happen (again) is why people think its OK at all to discriminate. I mean why can't we just serve one another as human beings and not worry if they like the same god as us or use the same sexual orifice? Or what color they are or if they vote for the "right" party?

If you are against discrimination you are against discrimination. Period. Not against it but support the the people who are discriminating exercising their freedom. I mean I get that we are free to do as we chose as individuals. I don't have to let a democrat in my house if I don't want to and I can justify it as being MY house. But in public? Or where I work? No. And I won't encourage or endorse any discrimination like that.

And before it starts: That, of course, doesn't include legal situations such as a convicted child molester wanting to work in a day care. There are legal cases where you have given up your "freedom" to do whatever you want wherever you want.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop - GMDino - 09-04-2015, 02:23 PM