Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
I can see where some of my posts have become more antagonistic than necessary. I have edited some to remove the more inflammatory language.

So let me state my opinion as clearly as I can. Discrimination and deny equal rights under the law is not acceptable just because it is based on religious beliefs. It doesn't matter how much you claim you "love the sinner" if you argue that they are not entitled to equal rights or you claim that their beliefs are an abomination that is making the world more corrupt and evil. Christians have a long history of supporting discrimination based on religious beliefs from women's suffrage to interracial marriage to same sex marriage.

Christians have freedom to worship and believe whatever they want in this country, but they have to understand that when they support discrimination or insult other people by calling them evil sinners who deserve punishment they can't claim that is out of love. So when the publically espouse beliefs that other people find degrading, insulting, and prejudicial they have to expect that other people will respond with boos and disgust.

They are not being booed or denigrated just because they have "different" beliefs. They are being booed and denigrated because their beliefs are insulting, degrading, and prejudicial. You have to expect some blowback when you tell a person that their love for another person is evil and deserves punishment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions - fredtoast - 06-07-2018, 04:00 PM