Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The High Price of Stale Grievances
(06-07-2018, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is nothing "historical" about the discriminations blacks face in America.  There are numerous studies that show identical job and/or housing applications are treated differently if the name sound African American.  There are multiple studies that show blacks are victims of racial profiling by police.  There were studies that showed that banks and lending institutions discriminated based on race.  I am only in my 50's but when I graduated from law school in Knoxville Tennessee the most prominent country club in the city, Cherokee Hills, refused to allow black members.  So my black classmates knew that when applying for jobs at top law firms many of the people with the power to hire or grant contracts refused to associate with black people.

If you read that article and gleaned "there is no current discrimination against black people" from it then I have to question your comprehension ability.

Quote:Does any of this mean that blacks should hate whites and discriminate against them? No.  But considering that white people still control a grossly disproportionate amount of wealth and power in this country it is pathetic for them to play the victim card and claim blacks have no reason to complain about discrimination that is still around today.

Does the linked article make this argument?  I've read it and I don't recall it being made.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The High Price of Stale Grievances - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-07-2018, 07:15 PM