Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker
(06-07-2018, 07:33 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: But that doesn't make sense Dill.

God isn't against gay marriage because he's against gays living. He's against gay marriage because it is considered sinful or in other words against God's natural order of things. 

If someone said "God is against adulterators because he doesn't want adulterators to live" would that make sense to you?

I believe that, over my lifetime, I have read the whole Bible. My memory is flagging now. But I don't recall any book speaking of gay marriage. I could be wrong.  This could be easily settled if someone can quote the Biblical Yaweh or one of the apostles on gay marriage.

In the meantime, I simply ask why would the God of the three religions rule at all on gay marriage, if in Leviticus he has condemned them to death?
Why would it make sense to discuss any further restrictions or laws regulating those marked for death? "You types are condemned to death; but in case you escape the sentence, you are not allowed to get married." Say What

And yes, it would/does make perfect sense that if God does not want adulterers to live, then he is indeed "against" them.  Hence the death sentence.

Leviticus 20:10--"'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death."

It is perhaps possible to extrapolate from the teachings/actions of Jesus a more gentle orientation towards sinners, even gays. Paul seems to think gays will go to hell, but if they repent and receive Christ and sin no more, they can be saved. I don't see room for gay marriage here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS Rules About Colorodo Baker - Dill - 06-07-2018, 11:43 PM