Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The High Price of Stale Grievances
(06-08-2018, 11:56 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah this article is about a double-standard that is now occurring. The author is also black for what it's worth.

In a nutshell this is what its about.

His white-hispanic friend was denied from being part of a Rhianna show, because it was deemed to be an all-black ensemble on stage. Which would have been a huge deal for his friend to be a part of. He basically said if this was the other way around by a black artist denied because the show was to be an all-white ensemble, then the ones that cry out racists, discrimination, etc. would be heard on the front page news. It would be blown up in the news basically by those on the left, especially the fringe left the of anti-racists.

But then this would be met with stiff resistance by some on the right, and then you get stale grievances.

So really this whole thing is about double-standards of the reactions to racial instances out there (so to speak), and how it only concerns blacks while not with other minorities. And though he does acknowledge 'white privilege' out there, but this isnt about that.

It's also about the past and how it informs the present but is also abused by some as a sort of trump card.  Like I said in my OP, it's extremely well written.  An undergrad wrote an essay that puts things written by PHD's to shame.  It also is right in my wheelhouse on Ta'Neeshi Coates, who I find to be wholly untalented and a not very admirable human being.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The High Price of Stale Grievances - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-08-2018, 12:06 PM