Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-08-2018, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A right can not be "unique"unless it only applies to a certain group.  Equality is about treating everyone the same. Same sex marriage can not be called a "unique" right because it applies to everyone equally.  When same sex marriage was illegal heterosexuals had a "unique" right because they were the only ones allowed to marry the person they loved and wanted to spend their life with.  

And that is a perfect example of how blind Christians are to how they think.  The consider treating everyone equally as "unique" just because it conflicts with their belief system.

Denying equal rights is discrimination.  You can try to justify it with your religion of "love", but society in general sides with the victims of your "love".  Thius country is base on freedom and equality.  So get used to it.  Discrimination and denegration of people based on their sexual orientation is not going to be accepted any longer. You will not be persecuted by the state because you are guaranteed freedom of religion, but if your religious beliefs are unpopular people will let you know.

Just so we're clear, I'm not the one making that argument. What I'm trying to get YOU to understand is that it's not as cut and dried as you seem to think. You claim Christians are blind because of their thought processes and I'm saying they would say the same about you. You can rail all you want about how "Christians" are in favor of discrimination but that doesn't make it any more true or less true than Christians saying you are in favor of giving gays special rights.

As I said, all that matters is what the law says and, currently, your opinion is on the side of the law; just as the Christians' opinions were about 10 years or so ago.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions - PhilHos - 06-08-2018, 12:18 PM