Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The High Price of Stale Grievances
(06-07-2018, 05:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It is people like this that is causing more problems than anything, because teaching children this is simply wrong. My best friend from 1st grade until through junior high was black. He had a brother, two sisters, and mom, and lived in subsidized housing in my area which is a suburb of Cincy. We did everything together from overnight sleepovers, camping, playing basketball for hours on end, bike riding, my dad taking us on little trips to museums or wherever. He was simply my best friend, and I grew up looking at racists and bigots as ignorant idiots, which they are. So yeah, its these kind of attitudes on any racial side that need to be eradicated.

Exactly.

(06-07-2018, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agreed.  Extremist positions like this are ridiculous.

Racial discrimination against blacks is common enough to cause lots of problems, but most white people are not racist.  Alcoholism and drug addiction are common enough to cause lots of problems in society, but I would never say that every person who drinks or uses illegal drugs is a problem.

Extremist positions make issues harder to address.

Yet the article in which the quote Millhouse cited was printed in the New York Times with nary a word of protest or upset by anyone.  Which is a key point of the article that you have dismissed as steeped in "semantics".  Your intellectual inconsistency is a huge weakness that you appear to be unaware of, thus exacerbating the weakness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The High Price of Stale Grievances - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-08-2018, 03:05 PM