Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The High Price of Stale Grievances
(06-08-2018, 11:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know what is ironic?  You call Coates a "darling of the left", and I'll bet everything you know about him came from Cornel West quotes.

Who's Cornell West?  But seriously, folks, you'd lose that bet.  Too bad you didn't wager anything.

Quote:I've already agreed that extremist positions make it hard to get anything done, but most people here have never heard of Ta-Nehisi Coates.  And very few discussions I have about race deal with slavery.  The people who care the most talk about what is going on today.

I'm sorry to hear that, he's been widely discussed for years.  Here's a post of mine criticizing him from October of last year.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-%E2%80%98Go-home-%E2%80%99-Mayor-tweets-after-white-nationalist-tiki-torch-%E2%80%98flash-mob%E2%80%99?pid=445524#pid445524

As the Cornell West feud occurred in December of last year it would appear that you've lost your bet.  He's a high profile writer for The Atlantic and he's written episodes of Black Panther.  You may have heard of this comic, it's about a fictional African nation called Wakanda and that nation's leader.  They even made a movie about it!

Quote:And you are here praising a guy who does not think there are any black people still alive who lived in the 1950's or 60's.

Dear, dear Fred, that's not what he's saying and anyone attempting to have an honest debate about this article knows this.  As I said, join us, it's been rather entertaining and enlightening.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The High Price of Stale Grievances - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-08-2018, 11:59 PM