Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulse Shooting Victims Sue Police For Not Entering Quickly Enough
(06-11-2018, 02:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: For sure, I lean left on a lot of things but after working in an industry closely tied to policing I tend to lean further right on policing in general. I see a lot of the behind the scenes things including all the lawsuits they go through as part of just doing their day to day jobs and it is nuts. The first question we get asked all the time is how does this affect our liability. That is no way to go about policing. 

I still lean left with policing, but I don't tend to blame the police on the ground. I blame administrative decisions that ask more and more of police without providing them the resources or guidance that is necessary to perform their jobs. I disagree with how we utilize police in our country and that also ties to some of the laws we have and how we expect them to be enforced.

I always look to the policies first, because if those allow for the behavior of the individual, then we shouldn't blame the individual for acting in a certain way. But this is why I'm a policy analyst rather than, say, a psychologist.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pulse Shooting Victims Sue Police For Not Entering Quickly Enough - Belsnickel - 06-11-2018, 02:48 PM