Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Net Neutrality Officially Ended
The reason Net Neutrality is a big deal is actually because of the fall of home telephone and cable. Many of the big ISPs are players in these markets as well, but the death of the home phone as well as cord cutting has them searching for new ways to make up the revenue. The idea is eventually cable as we know it will be gone in favor of these A la cart streaming services and this has ISP's scared as they only get the internet piece and costs on that are coming down as bandwidth goes up.

I think the biggest saving grace may be the improving cellular infrastructure. I can see a time in the near future when your cellphone is your home internet and you simply carry it everywhere you go. With the improving speeds and expanding bandwidth of cellular, I could see within 5 years it being common to pay a cell provider $30 a month for unthrottled 100-200 MB/s down internet that can be tethered to anything at anytime with no data caps. While their aren't a ton of cell providers, it could offer enough competition in areas where home ISPs are limited to keep everyone honest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Net Neutrality Officially Ended - Dill - 06-11-2018, 10:47 PM
RE: Net Neutrality Officially Ended - Dill - 06-12-2018, 05:33 PM
RE: Net Neutrality Officially Ended - Dill - 06-12-2018, 06:48 PM
RE: Net Neutrality Officially Ended - Dill - 06-12-2018, 07:34 PM
RE: Net Neutrality Officially Ended - Au165 - 06-12-2018, 08:48 AM