Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document
(06-12-2018, 11:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: In all seriousness, one reason that we have not had POTUS meet with a Kim until this point is because it is a public win for them. It legitimizes their place as a world leader. By giving Kim that without any guarantees does take away leverage, because that alone is a win for them. We can debate until we're blue in the face whether doing so was smart, but this summit was a win for Kim on the world stage more than anyone else.

Yes, it was a win in the sense that it was a reverse of the utterly failed US tactics of the past 60 years.  I take a different view, changing tactics when the old tactic is a proven failure, at every level, is smart.  If you're of the opinion that a photo op he can brag about back home is too high a cost to potentially stabilize a situation that has been volatile for over half a century then nothing Trump is doing here will please you.  I stand by the statement, we've started a very important process and we gave away nothing to do it.

As an aside, anyone hear Acosta shouting out questions during the event?  I'd revoke that guy's press credentials yesterday.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-12-2018, 11:47 AM