Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-08-2018, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What I am saying is that there is a middle ground where you disagree with another ideology, but you don't go so far as to say they should not have equal rights or that they should be put to death for their lifestyle.

I agree. Now show me where she said gays should not have equal rights or that they should be put to death for their lifestyle.

(06-11-2018, 03:52 PM)Griever Wrote: i feel sorry for her that she thinks that wearing something means shes embracing it, and makes her feel she would be damned to an eternity of hellfire by doing so

why are people so weak

I don't know if she thinks she would go to hell for wearing something that supports gay pride, but it has become quite common now in America that by just displaying something means you are promoting it - think of the 10 Commandments on a courthouse or a nativity scene in a public square or Christmas carols being sung at school. We've been told for quite a few years now that by allowing these things is the same as promoting them to the exclusion of other religions or religious iconography. I don't see a difference in thinking by wearing a Gay Pride shirt that one is promoting it.

With that said, I agree that people shouldn't be so weak as to allow the wearing of a shirt or the display of the 10 Commandments to affect how or what they believe.
(06-11-2018, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Whatever.  All I know is Christians spent millions of dollars fighting against giving homosexuals equal rights.

Doesn't sound very forgiving to me.

All I know is Christians spent millions of dollars fighting against giving homosexuals special rights.

See, I can do it too. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread