Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop
(09-04-2015, 04:04 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: No, apparently you don't. 

Do people have a right to buy a hamburger?  Who is the government to tell the owner of hamburgers who he has to sell them to

Further, I can be against discrimination but also be against government telling other people what they have to do.  There's no hypocrisy there.  I'm against smoking MJ but I'm completely in favor of it being legal. 

The entity tasked with regulating commerce. And, secondly in this case, civil rights.

Investor protection, employee protection, consumer protection, contract enforcement. Going back to middle school civics, your government — local, state and federal — has a hand in businesses at all levels.

I think it's hilarious we've had four decades of  businesses manipulating the government and intervention, but we still have companies hiding behind them for benefits. Like the drug company that moved its headquarters to another country earlier this year, then when a hostile takeover was threatening to put them out of business, they came crying for help.

Businesses can't have it both ways. If you want the protections and benefits afforded by a government of the people, then stop wanting to discriminate against the people that make that possible. As long as someone lives here, pays taxes and isn't a felon, you — generally — don't have many reasons to discriminate against them. No matter how much you'd like to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop - Benton - 09-04-2015, 04:58 PM