Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-13-2018, 03:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Am i right to assume that you're a fan of the NFL? As a fan, you would say you support it in some fashion, yes? By your logic, then, I can also assume you do NOT support the NBA, NHL, MLB, or any other professional sporting league.

If the first two rules of the NFL were  "1. I am the professional sports league.  2.  There are no other professional sports leagues" Then you might have some sort of argument.  Otherwise this is just silly

(06-13-2018, 03:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The government in America is supposed to a be a goverment OF the people. If there are Christians, there should be no issue in having their iconography on display. Likewise, if there are Jews or Muslims or Hindus or members of any other recognized religion, then their iconography should be allowed to be on display. The argument should be of INCLUSIVENESS not exclusiveness.

You can't include them all because they contradict each other.  It is impossible to have any consistent rules based on religion because they all have different rules.  So since you can't support all of them you treat them all equally and don't support any of them.

Also Christians would shit twice and die if they started posting Muslim, Wican, and Satanic iconography in every classroom.

(06-13-2018, 03:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Lastly, if allowing the 10 Commandments is a "promotion" of said religion to the exclusion of all others, then wouldn't the outright banning of them also be considered the prohibition of said religion?

Yes.  All religion is supposed to be banned from our government.  Everyone is free to worship however they want on private property, but government buildings should be free of anything that promotes any religion.

Messages In This Thread