Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document
(06-13-2018, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well you damn sure said we Trump SK. Not sure how one President's is different than another's unless it has something to do with the country

How sad is it that I instinctively capitalize the T for Trump these days?

But yes, I did imply that we trump SK. That is not the same as saying "Merica trumps all other countries," which was what you claimed was my implication.

(06-13-2018, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure many a bureaucrat feels exactly as you. Many told Pop Warner he didn't know how it worked when he started using the forward pass.

What folks most likely mean is: this is not how it worked in the past. but that's the laziest "reason" in the world

Actually, I despise that excuse. I am constantly re-evaluating what we do and seeking improvements. I'm always looking to change things up. The thing is, in order to do that in a way that doesn't screw it all up you need to still understand how it all works. If Pop Warner didn't understand the rules of the game, the fundamentals, and how to most effectively get the best result, then he would have never started using the forward pass. Understanding the fundamentals and how things operate is a necessity to make improvements.

When you jump into the middle of something and start changing things without understanding how it all works, then you are more likely to just destroy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document - Belsnickel - 06-13-2018, 08:44 PM