Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-13-2018, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the first two rules of the NFL were  "1. I am the professional sports league.  2.  There are no other professional sports leagues" Then you might have some sort of argument.  Otherwise this is just silly

False, but leave it up to fred to knock the strawmen down! ThumbsUp

(06-13-2018, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't include them all because they contradict each other. 
So? The government contradicts itself all the time. Why should they care NOW about contradiction? The fact is that we are a nation made up of people from varying religions. The government should be SUPPORTIVE of ALL the religons; not banning them all because some weakminded atheists are incapable of seeing religious symbols lest they become accidentally converted.
(06-13-2018, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is impossible to have any consistent rules based on religion because they all have different rules.  

It's impossible to have a rule that says if the religion is recognized by the government then their religious iconography can be displayed for a specific reason (i.e. it's a holiday)? I'm not arguing that people need to FOLLOW the religions, but there should be no reason to deny a Nativity at Christmas time or to display a menorrah at Hannukah or to display whatever you would display during Ramadan, etc. 
(06-13-2018, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So since you can't support all of them you treat them all equally and don't support any of them.

You CAN support all of them.
(06-13-2018, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Also Christians would shit twice and die if they started posting Muslim, Wican, and Satanic iconography in every classroom.

I'm sure many would. So what? Why is THIS the time that you care what Christains think?
(06-13-2018, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  All religion is supposed to be banned from our government. 

No it's not. Religoin is not to be forced upon the citizenry, true, but religion was not supposed to be banned from the government. 
(06-13-2018, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone is free to worship however they want on private property, but government buildings should be free of anything that promotes any religion.

This is gotten far off track from the message I was trying to convey; my original point was intended to argue that supporting one does not mean you cannot support others. Allowing the display of a Nativity scene should not automatically mean the promotion of Christianity unless a menorrah or some other non-Christian religious symbol is expressly forbid.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread