Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-13-2018, 03:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Am i right to assume that you're a fan of the NFL? As a fan, you would say you support it in some fashion, yes? By your logic, then, I can also assume you do NOT support the NBA, NHL, MLB, or any other professional sporting league.

The government in America is supposed to a be a goverment OF the people. If there are Christians, there should be no issue in having their iconography on display. Likewise, if there are Jews or Muslims or Hindus or members of any other recognized religion, then their iconography should be allowed to be on display. The argument should be of INCLUSIVENESS not exclusiveness.

Lastly, if allowing the 10 Commandments is a "promotion" of said religion to the exclusion of all others, then wouldn't the outright banning of them also be considered the prohibition of said religion?

Looks like you need your reading comprehension checked. I never said that I think equal rights are special rights. I only pointed out how many have made that argument.

that pesky ol separation of church and state sure gets in the way for christians to understand why the government cant and shouldnt put up displays of the 10 commandments

the butt hurt, the salt, and the tears from conservatives and fundamentals would be in full view if the federal government put up a monument supporting islam

hell, previous guy in the white house had a muslim sounding name, and conservatives and fundies claimed he was a secret muslim agent for 8 years (and counting)

lets just do no religious monuments, because if anything else is up it will just be further evidence that christians are nothing but hypocrites
People suck

Messages In This Thread