Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-15-2018, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can the government support two different religions that both claim they are the only true religion.  No matter which one they chose the other will be upset. 

So? We are divided in many ways, yet only religion seems to be the one that we say "No thanks" to. You don't support bannign all marriages even though many straight people are upset at about gay marriage. You don't support banning all gender identification because some cis people are upset at transgenderism.

(06-15-2018, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Ten Commandments that were posted in schools claimed that the Christian god was the only god and commands people to have no other gods. 

I'm pretty sure Jews and Muslims would disagree with this here seeing as how they, too, believe the 10 Commandments to be the word of God handed down. Why you think it's exclusive only to Christianity, I don't know?

(06-15-2018, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Christians would freak out if we started posting those rules equally beside iconography from Islam, Wiccan, and Satanic religions.

Why do you care so much about what Christians think or do? If atheists were to freak out that Christmas is a federally recognized holiday, would you support banning ALL holidays and working EVERY day of the year?

(06-15-2018, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you want your child coming home from school saying that Christianity is no better than Satanism because the school says they are all equal?

My children aren't weakminded *******. ThumbsUp

Seriously, though, I don't teach my children that Christianity is better than anything. I teach my children about God and I encourage them to have a relationship with Him. Christianity can be used to describe the general teachings of Jesus that we follow, but I don't teach them that we have a "religion" insomuch as I teach them that I have a relationship with God and I encourage them to have one too.

(06-15-2018, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or do you want to do your religious teaching at home and church?

No, i don't want religious teaching at school. But, then again, I'm not advocating for that.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread