Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track
For the topic of the thread, my opinions are that if a trans person is engaged in hormone therapy and their levels are at a certain point, I have zero problems with them competing with others of their gender. There are all sorts of things that individuals have that give them a competitive advantage that we don't disqualify them for. There are biological women with conditions that causes elevated testosterone. There are athletes with conditions that reduces the amount of oxygen their bodies need, which allows them to have longer stamina. Unless we were to eliminate people with those conditions from competition, I don't see a justifiable reason for disqualifying a trans person undergoing hormone therapy from competition.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track - Belsnickel - 06-18-2018, 09:32 AM