Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track
I think this article expresses my opinions on this pretty well. Applying it to trans athletes, and at lower levels of competition, seems logical to me: https://theconversation.com/so-what-if-some-female-olympians-have-high-testosterone-62935

Quote:So does excess testosterone actually confer a competitive advantage?

My question is if it does, so what?

Elite sport is built on the back of inequality. We love the myth of a level playing field, but it doesn’t exist. Of the 207 nations competing in Rio, 75 have never won a medal. Wealthy, powerful countries dominate the Olympic Games, while conflicted, war-torn, impoverished countries simply lack the resources to promote sport to the level that will produce Olympic champions. That’s a clear disparity that raises little outcry.

But what we’re talking about in the case of hyperandrogenism is an innate condition that potentially enhances athletic performance. And, as scientists are just beginning to understand, elite sport is riddled with similar endowments.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track - Belsnickel - 06-18-2018, 02:44 PM