Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track
(06-18-2018, 03:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I usually follow you, but I have no idea the point you are trying to make.

Are you saying a female that has hyperandrogenism should not have testosterone levels moderated is they want to compete as a female as an adult? if the answer is no, then why not just have one division no male or female? Because that thing that starts with a T makes all the difference.

My answer is no. As for the lack of male and female divisions, there is still value in that. A woman with hyperandrogenism or a trans woman may have higher testosterone levels than other female competitors, but they still have lower levels than male competitors.

My argument is that testosterone is an arbitrary way to draw the line between those divisions and it is only one of a large number of things that give people a competitive edge. We should not focus on it in the way that we do.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two trans teen win Conn. state championship in track - Belsnickel - 06-18-2018, 03:42 PM